Milnerland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Keywords

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user
Visit davidotokiblog
Visit davidotokiblog.com for latest news

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://milnerland.board-directory.net

7 New Ways to Find Blog Post Ideas That Attract Backlinks to Your Blog Empty 7 New Ways to Find Blog Post Ideas That Attract Backlinks to Your Blog

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:56 pm
7 New Ways to Find Blog Post Ideas That Attract Backlinks to Your Blog _2017019

Finding ideas to blog about is a tough job, even for an experienced blogger.
No matter, how good are you at brainstorming ideas, you run out of ideas some of the times.
There are dozens of posts that explain to you how to find blog topic ideas. The majority of those posts fail to explain how to find ideas that drive real backlinks to your blog.
The best way to build natural backlinks is to produce great content and properly promote it. For that, brainstorming ideas for blogging that have the potential to drive high-quality backlinks is essential.
The specialty of this post is that in this post, I will explain you to find ideas that drive you high traffic and backlinks.
Let’s get started.
1. Quora:
It’s a goldmine to find ideas for blogging about. Leveraging it for building your blog and finding inspirations, can do wonders.
Let me unveil you the dirty little secret of finding post ideas that drive backlinks to your site.
Head over to Quora.
There, search for the topic of your interest.
In the above example, I searched for the topic ‘content marketing’.
There, I searched for the questions that have quite a decent number of followers.
If a question has good followers, that means it is a common question.
There’s the thing.
If you create content on the same topic, you’ll get great readership. Moreover, you may get potential backlinks if you present the topic in a unique way.
When you create content on the topic you find in Quora, I advise you to answer the original question along with a link back to your site.
By this, you’ll get additional targeted traffic from visitors and as well as the followers of the questions.
When targeted traffic comes to your blog, you’ll boost your social shares, and you may attract good backlinks.
2. Use the power of Google search:
Google is the best friend of yours to help you find the best topic ideas.
You may ask me – “What should I search for? I am dry”.
Here’s the trick.
Research after research it is found that following are the types of content that are shared and linked to most of the times.
Infographics
Ultimate guides
List posts
Case studies
Now you know what.
Before implementing this strategy, I advise you to install Ahrefs Toolbar for your browser. Ahrefs has the largest database of backlinks. The toolbar displays the number of backlinks the search results have.
I’ll get you clear. Keep reading.
2.1. Find infographics ideas:
Search Google for,
Your keyword + “Infographic”
It returns you all the top infographics in your niche. Most of the top results have a good amount of backlinks.
As I said earlier, for accurate results, as you can see in the above screenshot, you need to activate the Ahrefs toolbar. It displays the number of backlinks beneath the search results.
You can also combine multiple keywords for more results.
Like, if you are in blogging and SEO niche you may need to search for the term,
Blogging OR SEO + “Infographic”
It returns all the pages that have infographics either related to blogging or SEO.
Like this, by adding keywords, you can expand the number of potential post ideas you get. Just join the keywords with the operator ‘OR’.
2.2. Ultimate guides:
Similarly, ultimate guides are the link magnets. They attract great backlinks if promoted properly.
If you are determined to create ultimate or complete guides in your niche, you need some ideas.
Here’s how to use Google search for generating ideas for your ultimate guide.
As you can see in the above screenshot, just search for a keyword.
Keyword1 OR Keyword2 + “ultimate guide”
You can also replace the word ultimate with complete, definitive, etc.
Just scan the top results. Examine the results that have good backlinks. Come up with a unique idea.
Create a great blog post that’s the best in class. Promote it properly and get backlinks.
Isn’t it simple?
2.3. List posts
As you can see in the above screenshot, you’ve to just search for the keyword list along with your keywords. Just combine the search operators to find the desired results.
I’ve used the asterisk symbol it is a wildcard character that matches any text before the word “list”.
With this method, you can find all the top performing list posts in your niche. Just examine the results. Pick the topic that is driving good backlinks and is unique. Start building a list on the topic.
Make sure you keep the quality of your list post higher than that of the original source. By this, you can make sure that you attract good backlinks and rank higher in search results.
2.4. Case Studies:
Just search for the case studies in your niche following the same method I described above.
Continue after this commercial break...
Below is the example.
Just search,
Keyword1 OR Keyword2 + “case study”
Now activate the Ahrefs toolbar. Now get a unique idea for your case study.
It’s as simple as that.
3. Publish Interviews and Roundups:
Interview influencers in your niche. It will drive lots of traffic and some potential backlinks to your site.
Let me give you an example.
Here’s a screenshot from the blog of Erik Emanuelli.
He lists all the interviews of him on the web on his about page.
That means, if you interview him, you’ll get a backlink.
It’s simple as that.
Like this, you need to learn the art of interviewing people. It drives you traffic and some backlinks to your site.
You may also try including more people in the roundups. By this, you increase the chances of getting backlinks.
When you run out of ideas, the best idea is to reach out influential bloggers and marketers, publish interviews or roundups, and gain easy backlinks and traffic.
Isn't it simple?
4. Broken link building:
This is probably the most effective way to build backlinks and at the same time find content ideas.
For this, you need to search for the posts in your niche, which regularly publish the resources or best articles list.
Some sites also curate content monthly to show off the top articles in the niche around the web.
You need to search for those type of articles. Make use of extensions like Check My Links to check for broken links on the resource page. Now you need to create content on the same topic in your blog. You got a new content idea. Wow.
Now for the sake of a backlink, you need to just ping the webmaster about the broken link and introduce your new piece of content to him. By this, he will be happy to link to you as you helped him to fix the broken link. The majority of people won’t mind linking to you.
5. Scan the headlines:
There are plenty of RSS readers, blog aggregators, and content curation sites, which collects the best resources and articles in a niche.
You need to just scan the headlines of the content curated on those ideas to spark up some new blog post content ideas in your brain. The content you are scanning should be popular to get backlinks.
Below are some of the best places to find content ideas like this:
Alltop
Flipboard
Scoop.it
Pinterest boards
Feedly
Blog communities
Twitter hashtags
Just search for the keyword related to your niche in the search box for these tools, and get content ideas.
For Twitter, just search your keyword.
Now you need to examine the Tweets that got great engagement. You can find tons of ideas for you to blog about.
6. Ask your readers what they are struggling with:
Many of the top bloggers already use this strategy.
For this strategy to work, you need to have decent subscribers on your list. Just send out a mail to all of them, to reply any problems they’re facing.
Alternatively, you can directly ask them like – “What content you expect from my blog?” by this you can leverage your email list to get content ideas for you to blog about.
For example, if your email list is 1000 in size. You get 2% reply rate, then it accounts to 20 different blog post ideas. Wow! A lot of content ideas.
Creating blog posts, on what readers are struggling with is a great way to generate traffic, trust, and loyalty. You get ideas from this and also your readers will be greatly benefited.
When you tap on the burning problem in your niche, chances of you attracting right backlinks will be more.
Try to solve a huge problem in your niche.
7. Browse forums and communities:
There is a variety of niche forums. For internet marketing, there are niches like Warrior Forum, Digital Point, SitePoint, etc. You need to just browse through the forums within your niche to find new content ideas.
You’ll also often come across the burning problems that people are facing.
You can also join some of the popular communities in Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google Plus. You can interact with the people to get new content ideas.
Another tip is to browse the Disqus community. The majority of sites use Disqus as their commenting platform.
Browse discussions regarding your niche and find new content ideas by observing the questions asked by the readers.
Wrapping up
These are some the effective ways to find content ideas that generate backlinks to your site.
I suggest you maintain an idea file and update it as you come across the ideas to blog about. It makes sure that your inspiration won’t dry out. Whenever you start writing a blog post, you can refer that file for oiling your machine up.
Make sure the content you create is of high-quality because no one links to your content if it is mediocre and do not deliver value to your readers.
I hope you found this article helpful.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum